Version November 30 2018
It is important to us that you know which cookies are being used.
We distinguish between functional, analytical, and other cookies. The functional and analytical cookies are placed by default. Other cookies may have a variety of uses; these are placed only after you give permission for doing so.
Below you will find more information about the cookies that are or may be placed via this website and about their uses.
This cookie statement contains the following information:
- Functional cookies
- Analytical cookies
- Controlling Browser settings
- Questions and contact
1. Functional cookies
These cookies are required to enable communication in the network and/or to facilitate requested functions within the website, such as:
2. Analytical cookies
Trimbos Institute uses analytical cookies to track how our website is being used; one way we do so is by using software of third parties. We are using these cookies for:
- measuring the number of visitors;
- determining the order in which a visitor checks the web pages;
- measuring the duration of each visit to our web pages;
- checking which products, and how many, are being viewed and sold in the web shop;
- checking which products are downloaded and how often;
- solving technical problems, if necessary;
- determining whether web pages, or specific flows within the website, or the website as a whole should be adapted or optimized.
The statistical reports made of these data cannot be tracked to any visitors.
We are making use of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, a web analytics tool offered by Google Inc. (Google). We use privacy-friendly settings of Google Analytics in accordance with the Dutch-language manual ‘Handleiding privacyvriendelijk instellen van Google Analytics’ of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) dated 6 March 2018. This means we entered into a data processing agreement with Google. Amongst other elements we agreed that:
- the last octet of the IP address will be deleted before saving it;
- the setting “share data” is disabled, and
- we do not make use of any other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics-cookies.
3. Controlling Browser settings
It is possible to control your browser setting in such a way that you will receive a warning before cookies are placed, or you can refuse placement of one or more cookies. Also, cookies that already have been placed can be removed via the browser setting.
If you refuse or delete cookies, it may be possible that the website will not function well anymore.
5. Questions and contact
You can find more information about the protection of your personal data and about your rights in our Privacy Statement. You will find it here. Trimbos Institute has a Data Protection Officer. Do you have a question or a complaint with regards to privacy by the Trimbos Institute? Then please send an e-mail to